Re: Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

John Wells

Hi Quentin,

I am very new to NVDA, having used Jaws for years. I still use windows live mail for my emails and the braille works fine with jaws. However, when I open an email using NVDA the text is read to me but the braille simply lands on the word payne and does not move.  You suggested I press NVDA plus control T. What is the key for NVDA in this case please. John Wells.

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 6:07 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

What do you have braille tethered to?  By default it is tethered "Automatically" which moves between the review cursor and focus automatically.  Sometimes this doesn't work as intended.  If you press NVDA+control+t it will change the Braille tether.

Also, what are you reading your mail in?  (And what version?)

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 4:02 AM John Wells via groups.io <johnwellsjoseph@...> wrote:
Can someone offer help please. I am new to NVDA and have a small problem. When I go to my emails, NVDA will read the list in braille and also announce the list with speech. However, when I open an email, the speech is perfect but the braille merely shows the word “payne”. Which settings need to be amended please. I am running Windows 10 and my braille reader is an Esys 80 cell display. I am using windows live mail for my emails and this problem does not occur when I use Jaws.

I thank you in anticipation of your assistance. John Wells.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager