Re: Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

John Wells

Luke, I can now get the braille to work. When I open an email the only word showing on the braille display is Payne. However, if I tab once NVDA says documents and I can then read everything with the braille display. Is there something I could amend in Settings to ensure it always went to documents, rather than just showing the word payne? Thank you for your help. John Wells.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Davis
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 8:51 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

It depends on your configuration. When you were setting up NVDA, you either set
the NVDA key to be the capslock key, the insert key, or the numpad insert key.
or some or all of the above.

Luke

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021, John Wells via groups.io wrote:

I am very new to NVDA, having used Jaws for years. I still use windows live mail for my emails and the braille works fine with jaws. However, when I open an
email using NVDA the text is read to me but the braille simply lands on the word payne and does not move. You suggested I press NVDA plus control T. What
is the key for NVDA in this case please. John Wells.