Re: Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

Gene

What accessibility software doesn't it work well with? it works well with NVDA. I use Windows Live Mail as my main e-mail program.

I've seen some reports of slowness concerning Thunderbird. I don't have excessive slowness with Thunderbird, but on my computer, it takes longer to open messages. It may take about three seconds to open a message. Windows Live Mail opens them much faster. The lag in Thunderbird is really annoying and it wastes time.

I don't knw what other peoples' experience is, but speed is the main reason I use Windows Live Mail instead of Thunderbird.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2021 12:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 03:37 AM, John Wells wrote:
I still use windows live mail for my emails-
And you really, really shouldn't. I was a big fan of WLM even for some years after it was out of support, but it is showing its age particularly badly when coupled with accessibility software as time marches on.

It makes sense to switch to a currently supported email client that is likely to remain in support into the foreseeable furture. Thunderbird is my first choice if you don't have access to MS-Outlook. eM Client is not horrible, either, but not anywhere near to as comprehensively accessible as T-bird or Outlook.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Any idiot can face a crisis. It's the day-to-day living that wears you out.

~ Anton Chekhov

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.