Re: Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

John Wells

My problem is purely with NVDA and windows live mail. When using Jaws the braille works well and is instant. No matter what I try with NVDA when I open an email the braille simply shows the word payne. If it cannot be rectified, I will have to stay with Jaws. John Wells.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 7:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with NVDA, email, and Esys 80 cell Braille display

What accessibility software doesn't it work well with? it works well with
NVDA. I use Windows Live Mail as my main e-mail program.

I've seen some reports of slowness concerning Thunderbird. I don't have
excessive slowness with Thunderbird, but on my computer, it takes longer to
open messages. It may take about three seconds to open a message. Windows
Live Mail opens them much faster. The lag in Thunderbird is really annoying
and it wastes time.

I don't knw what other peoples' experience is, but speed is the main reason
I use Windows Live Mail instead of Thunderbird.