Re: Finding in MS Word

Bhavya shah

Hi,
I confirm inconsistencies in the Word Find functionality in Microsoft
Office Word 2010 on Windows 8.1. When on Windows 7 and Microsoft
Office Word 2007, Ctrl+F, entering of search string and then Enter
always used to take me to an occurrence of the typed string after the
cursor, whereas in the current scenario, it sometimes does take me,
sometimes doesn't (which I check by pressing Esc to come out of the
dialog). If it doesn't work, then I press Ctrl+PgUp or Ctrl+PgDn to
move to the previous or next occurrence of the entered string, which
is slightly more consistent than Ctrl+F, but not 100% either.
Sincerest apologies for the confusing manner in which I have described
the problem above, but was just curious if this could be resolved
somehow, from Word's side, NVDA's end, or something of the sort.
Thank.

On 9/9/16, kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@gmail.com> wrote:
The Word search facility is slightly clunkier, though it appears to
work better with NVDA than with JAWS.

I am a very new user of NVDA so am still getting used to the ins and outs.

On 9/8/16, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@gmail.com> wrote:
May I ask what is the difficulty using the search facility built into
Word?

Cheers
Chris