Re: Is There a Memory Leak when NVDA Works with FireFox?

enes sarıbaş

I think it does. NVDA is noticeably less responsive in Firefox than Chrome.

On 3/6/2021 12:06 AM, Dzhovani wrote:
Hi all,

I've had this issue for some time, but I haven't seen anyone mentioning it so I decided to ask if I'm the only one having it.

If I keep firefox opened for sufficiently long time, NVDA hangs and gets unresponsive. Restarting NVDA does not help, while killing the firefox process from task manager immediately unlocks nvda. I don't use chrome based browsers enough to observe if it is the same there as well.

Versions of NVDA and FireFox are the latest.

Some usage patterns that might be related are that I'm usually keeping messenger opened in a private window. I think that the hanging got some more frequent since Facebook banned messaging from their mobile website. Since then the hanging happen around once in a day instead of once in a few days.

Regards,

Dzhovani