Re: Is There a Memory Leak when NVDA Works with FireFox?

Bob Cavanaugh

I definitely think this is a Firefox issue as well. When I use
radioinsight.com daily. I open everything in new windows, and usually
by the time I get to that site I only have one other tab in the main
window open. The limit seems to be about five windows before Firefox
becomes especially unusable, which is much less than IE. The number of
windows opened before Firefox slows down depends on the site for me,
but yes, this is incredibly annoying, particularly on RI on a heavy
news day which there haven't been a tone of lately.

On 3/6/21, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@gmail.com> wrote:
I think it does. NVDA is noticeably less responsive in Firefox than Chrome.

On 3/6/2021 12:06 AM, Dzhovani wrote:
Hi all,

I've had this issue for some time, but I haven't seen anyone
mentioning it so I decided to ask if I'm the only one having it.

If I keep firefox opened for sufficiently long time, NVDA hangs and
gets unresponsive. Restarting NVDA does not help, while killing the
firefox process from task manager immediately unlocks nvda. I don't
use chrome based browsers enough to observe if it is the same there as
well.

Versions of NVDA and FireFox are the latest.

Some usage patterns that might be related are that I'm usually keeping
messenger opened in a private window. I think that the hanging got
some more frequent since Facebook banned messaging from their mobile
website. Since then the hanging happen around once in a day instead of
once in a few days.

Regards,

Dzhovani