Re: Is There a Memory Leak when NVDA Works with FireFox?

Bob Cavanaugh

How do you tend to use Firefox? I'm using Gmail's web interface in
Firefox right now and am having no problems, but that's because it's
the only thing open. When I load it up with a bunch more stuff, that's
when it becomes a problem.

On 3/6/21, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:
Hi Group,

I am running three desktops networked in a Windows Ten environment. I
have not seen any of this sluggishness with Firefox. I am wondering if
all those experiencing these issues are running laptops. I know a few
people have indicated that they are running laptops. Is anyone running
only desktops and still having this problem?

On 3/6/2021 11:39 AM, Russell James wrote:

I can also confirm similar experience with using Firefox nightly on an
Intel based system with plenty of CPU and memory

Seems a little worse lately like in the last few weeks happening
almost once a day

Using many many windows in Firefox with many tabs in each

Also using no script the script blocker and usually only allowing
scripts temporarily on the tabs I'm actively using

Lately it seems like more drastic measures are required like power
cycling the system however in the past restarting nvda used to work

Russ

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021, 10:19 AM Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@gmail.com
<mailto:giles.turnbull@gmail.com>> wrote:

I experience this, usually a couple of times per day. For me, NVDA
is too inactive to use Task Manager to see what process is
seizing-up my laptop or tablet. I don't have a desktop shortcut to
kill the Firefox process because I didn't know Firefox was to
blame. Usually using the Alt+Shift+n shortcut to force NVDA to
re-start will work and, as long as I use that brief moment of NVDA
life to close a few programs that I figured might be responsible
(Firefox and WinAmp and word) I can make sure that I have any
unsaved documents saved before re-starting my computer.

I do use Chrome as well as Firefox, but since Firefox is still
running with its tabs open when I also use Chrome, I don't know
whether this happens if I'd only used Chrome that day. I much
prefer the Firefox browser.

I'm using the latest Firefox (86.0) and the latest stable NVDA
(2020.4) on both a Surface Pro 4 tablet and an Asus gaming laptop,
both using Intel processors and 8Gb memory.

Giles
Giles

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.