Re: Is There a Memory Leak when NVDA Works with FireFox?

Nolan Darilek

Would love links to the GitHub issues if you have them. I've experienced this as well, on a high-end Intel desktop. A switch to Brave made my system much more stable, but I'd like the option of going back to Firefox if I ever need to. I'll subscribe to the Mozilla bug, but would also like to keep tabs on NVDA's side as well.

Thanks.

On 3/8/2021 3:35 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

This issue has been documented on NVDA's GitHub tracker also and there
are a couple related tickets whose links I am happy to share if
somebody is interested. I have experienced this issue on two laptops
(I don't use Desktops), both with Intel processors (I don't have a
machine with an AMD processor to test), as recently as with the latest
NVDA and Firefox versions. It is a frequently reoccurring bug that is
rather disruptive, and I hope its cause can be identified and a
resolution be reached soon.

Thanks.

On 3/6/21, Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com> wrote:
I would like to point out, that for me at least, this hasn't happened in a
while
(I usually run with 5-10 tabs open for weeks at a time).
It only ever happened with very specific websites.

And, to answer another question: I think I experienced this on an AMD
desktop
years ago, but I so rarely use desktops that I can't be sure that was
actually
the issue. I have run into it on three laptops that I can think of.

Luke