Re: Is There a Memory Leak when NVDA Works with FireFox?

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Thanks Nolan for all that info. Just like you, I like having back up browsers to go to.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nolan Darilek
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 9:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is There a Memory Leak when NVDA Works with FireFox?

Sorry, having read through the Mozilla ticket, I've found:

On 3/8/2021 11:05 AM, Nolan Darilek wrote:
Would love links to the GitHub issues if you have them. I've
experienced this as well, on a high-end Intel desktop. A switch to
Brave made my system much more stable, but I'd like the option of
going back to Firefox if I ever need to. I'll subscribe to the Mozilla
bug, but would also like to keep tabs on NVDA's side as well.

Thanks.

On 3/8/2021 3:35 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

This issue has been documented on NVDA's GitHub tracker also and
there are a couple related tickets whose links I am happy to share if
somebody is interested. I have experienced this issue on two laptops
(I don't use Desktops), both with Intel processors (I don't have a
machine with an AMD processor to test), as recently as with the
latest NVDA and Firefox versions. It is a frequently reoccurring bug
that is rather disruptive, and I hope its cause can be identified and
a resolution be reached soon.

Thanks.

On 3/6/21, Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com> wrote:
I would like to point out, that for me at least, this hasn't
happened in a while (I usually run with 5-10 tabs open for weeks at
a time).
It only ever happened with very specific websites.

And, to answer another question: I think I experienced this on an
AMD desktop years ago, but I so rarely use desktops that I can't be
sure that was actually the issue. I have run into it on three
laptops that I can think of.

Luke