Re: question about reading notifications

See:  Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows, specifically the section regarding Windows Logo Key (AKA the Windows Key) keyboard shortcuts.  (Or, if you prefer, List of all Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts: The ultimate guide).

Even before that, you will likely want your Notifications to remain visible longer than the default.  Go to Settings, Ease of Access, Display Pane and locate the dropdown for Show Notifications for and drop it down and pick a duration of your choosing.  I believe the default is 7 seconds, but I could be wrong about that.

When a notification appears WinKey+Shift+V throws focus to that notification while it's being displayed.  If it has disappeared, odds are it is in the queue in the Action Center, accessed using WinKey+A.  I believe WinKey+Shift+V will also cycle through all notifications, including those in the Action Center, moving to the next with each repeated press so long as you don't do anything else between each press except view the notification.

      ~ Anton Chekhov