locked Re: Admin's Note: Re: I have a new text to speech voice available for purchase. #adminnotice

Gene

I'll modify what I said.  I'm not sure the voice isn't synthesized, but it sounds suspiciously as though it may not be. And the question still remains, why so high quality for a giveaway price?

Gene

On 3/11/2021 5:38 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
The voice doesn't sound synthesized.  And if it is, why would such a high quality voice be sold for five dollars.  The voice sounds much better than voices being sold on the NVDA page for forty dollars, perhaps more.

I am not saying this isn't legitimate, but I'd want good verification.

Gene

On 3/11/2021 4:10 AM, Ali Savas wrote:
Hello Nimer,

I too have reservations about buying this voice. The whole thing feels
very unserious.

I was able to listen to a sample of the voice on the website he posted
here. To me it sounds like RHVoice or some similar technology. In such a
case I think it is illegal, as these technologies are under an open
source license.

Best regards
Ali