locked Re: Admin's Note: Re: I have a new text to speech voice available for purchase. #adminnotice

Bogdan Onyshenko

I wonder what is in this bat file. Since it is binary, if anyone will get it he/she could read it using notepad for example.

Отправлено из приложения "Почта" для Windows 10

От: Socheat Muth
Отправлено: 11 марта 2021 г. в 16:00
Кому: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Тема: Re: [nvda] Admin's Note: Re: I have a new text to speech voice available for purchase. #adminnotice

This is weird. Voices for NVDA should packaged as NVDA add-on. The .bat file always needs to run as administrator permission, be cautious what you use here.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021, 8:06 PM Ian Blackburn <ianblackburn@...> wrote:

be ware I say my question is why the developers of NVDA allowed this to be posted in the first place on their website?

Ian

On 11/03/2021 8:59 pm, Luis Carlos González Moráles wrote:

Hi group,
Maybe it's just me, but it sounds synthetic to me. I don't have enough money to purchase that at the moment, but maybe in the future I will. In which engine did you or the developer created the voice from? I'm just kind of curious.

Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Group,

If this is really legitimate, why wouldn't the author allow for a 7 day trial after which the voice became non functional?  Be ware of this software.

On 3/11/2021 7:13 AM, Bogdan Onyshenko wrote:

On the other hand. Author provides 24 hr money back guaranty. Perhaps I would try to get those if in near future will get $5 to spare.