Re: NVDA not reading books in kindle book viewer

Mary Otten

Hi Pranav,

You have found one of those Kindle books that does not support screen readers; it is a Kindle issue, not an NVDA issue. Occasionally, such books will read ok on the iPhone, but sometimes not. So if you have an IOS device, I'd try it there, and otherwise, get a refund from Amazon for a basically inaccessible book. that self voicing thing is a joke and totally not appropriate, I should think, for a technical book such as the one you bought.

Mary

On 3/11/2021 9:30 AM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi all,

I have just bought the following book.
Trading Evolved: Anyone can Build Killer Trading Strategies in Python
By Andreas F. Clenow

I opened the book in kindle and found that a self-voicing component of the
kindle program on windows began reading the book. When I am in the ebook
viewer, moving the arrow keys does not help.

I suspect this is a kindle change more than a NVDA bug. Is there any way to
return to NVDA reading the book in the kindle program?
I have other books in my kindle library which read normally.

What is so special about this book? I will send feedback to amazon but am
asking here as well.

Pranav