Re: NVDA not reading books in kindle book viewer

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

when you are looking for books make sure it is screen reader enabled.

so in the following case the following book is also text to speech enabled  but this is read out by the program.

Product details
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 1634 KB
Print Length: 226 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Bella Books (15 March 2019)
Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B07PG5555P
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
Word Wise: Enabled
Screen Reader: Supported
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled

Gene nz

On 12/03/2021 6:30 am, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi all,

I have just bought the following book.
Trading Evolved: Anyone can Build Killer Trading Strategies in Python
By Andreas F. Clenow

I opened the book in kindle and found that a self-voicing component of the
kindle program on windows began reading the book. When I am in the ebook
viewer, moving the arrow keys does not help.

I suspect this is a kindle change more than a NVDA bug. Is there any way to
return to NVDA reading the book in the kindle program?
I have other books in my kindle library which read normally.

What is so special about this book? I will send feedback to amazon but am
asking here as well.

Pranav