locked Re: Admin's Note: Re: I have a new text to speech voice available for purchase. #adminnotice

Quentin Christensen

Just to be clear, I did add the voice (at the creators request) to the Extra Voices page, which is part of the Wiki which others could edit as well: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/ExtraVoices

In adding it, I was just sharing the resource on the appropriate page, not explicitly endorsing it.

My initial feeling was this was made by a young creator just getting started.  Certainly I think we'd all appreciate a review on the voice by anyone who does purchase it (both to allay the fears of those concerned, and just because we all like to know what a new voice is like).

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 6:02 AM Chris Smart <ve3rwj@...> wrote:
I haven't looked at a .bat file since the MS DOS days, but isn't it just
a text file you can examine in Notepad or similar?

Wouldn't that quickly determine if it is in any way malicious?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager