Re: Logging on to groups.io causes NVDA 2020.4 to crash

Luke Davis

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021, Brian Vogel wrote:

2020.4.  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling as a first step to see if the issue persists
I'm pretty sure restarting the computer should be the first step. :)

Followed by running the Com Reg fixing tool. It's quick, it's easy, and it solves all kinds of odd behavior problems with no further work. I have heard of some cases where you have to run it twice, but those cases are without logs, so I don't really know what was going on there.
But the point is: it's minimal impact, and takes 10 seconds, so why not run that first?

The third step should be restarting with add-ons disabled, as you pointed out in your followup email.

Reinstalling the software should, at best, be the fourth step, imo.

Luke