Re: No speech when running NVDA.

Quentin Christensen

Jumping in late to this one - but how did you go Ari?  I see everyone suggested basically all the things I would have.

If all else fails, you can send me a copy of your NVDA log which you should find in your %temp% folder, although resetting the settings should fix it (NVDA+control+r three times quickly) if nothing else.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 7:35 PM hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
Hi Ari

If you have sounds when you go to start nvda does it make a sound then
go quite? If you use the windows key + letter D will it talk on the desk
top. as at times when it goes to the task bar people think it is not
working.

Using the arrow keys will speak out any thing there.

You might have speech mode turned off If this is the case use the nvda
key + letter S to toogle it to speech mode talk.

You can also reset nvda back to factory defaults if it comes up or use
the shortcut nvda key + ctrl key + the letter R 3 times unless you do it
through the menu.

but make sure if you do this after you go through the menu to load it at
startup etc this is the one you get whenn you do a fresh install of nvda
with setting desktop etc.

make sure  you get this message. You might have to restart nvda for it
to come up.

Hopefully that fixes the problem.

I am guessing the nvda.ini file might of got corrupted some how.

If this is the case I think you said you uninstalled nvda from the
computer there is another place to delete the settings from.

Press the windows key + the letter R then type in the following
%appdata% then press the enter key. It will give you a list of folders
locate the nvda folder then delete it out then use the alt key + f4 key
to close that screen .

That nice fresh copy of nvda install that to the pc and it should be
right to go.

You might have to use another screen reader narrator will do the trick
to do the above mentioned or a pair of eyes.

Gene nz

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager