Set NVDA Modifier as a Sticky Key

Ted Galanos

[Moderator's Note:  I've removed the phone numbers from the end of this message, as it's generally not a good idea to post these on groups where the archives are public.  Ted, if you really prefer these remain in place, then just leave them there on subsequent messages and I won't touch them.  This gives you an opportunity to decide for yourself whether you really want your phone numbers posted on a group where the archives are searchable by anyone (including bots trying to cull phone numbers).]

Good afternoon, list.

My name is Ted and it is my first time on this list. My primary screen reader has been JAWS for almost 25 years. I do use NVDA on the rare occasion JAWS quits unexpectedly. There is a feature in the JAWS Settings Center called Insert Mode.This is off by default, but when turned on, the JAWS key becomes a stickey key. I use two switches in order to type and navigate using an expanded version of morse code through an alternative navigation device. This effectively means I am a one-finger typist. Several years ago, someone found for me an NVDA plug in or add on that made the NVDA key a sticky key, but it was very clumsy to use. First, you had to activate the add on. Then perform the task. And finally, dactivate the add on. It is also worth noting that the CAPS LOCK is not a viable alternative. I am wondering if there may be a more updated and streamline solution? Thanks to Joseph Lee for telling me about this list.

Ted Galanos