locked Re: jackson tts

Luke Davis

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021, Shaun Everiss wrote:

From reading its licence file and information this thing was created with acapella my own voice.
As, it says, a demo. It is clearly against the terms to distribute, as that would constitute use as a specific application, unless he has licensed it properly. Has he?

His lawyers might be able to find a hole in the terminology, perhaps claiming that he is not making the use but the end users are, but I would imagine that since he was the one who commissioned the voice, any use that is made of it would flow back to him.

So if the voice was produced in this way, he would need Acapela's permission to sell and distribute it. I'm not saying he doesn't have that--I have no idea--but the license you linked just provides for a demo, and is, as such, not sufficient to allow distribution.
https://www.acapela-group.com/solutions/my-own-voice/
Luke - I am not a lawyer, and I do not play one in email. However I have had, and worked for, enough of them over the last 20 years to be reasonably sure of my comments.