Re: Why are some Greek letters read in Unicode values, not with their actual letter

Marco Oros

Yeah, It is really something, like koiné Greek, or Ancient Greek.

But, what is It?

I think on this text.

Dňa 17. 3. 2021 o 8:12 Nikos Demetriou via groups.io napísal(a):

Hi.
I am using the latest alpha portable and the espeak voice is set to Greek with automatic language swiching disabled.

It reads fine here.
The text is either religious or ancient Greek which uses the Greek polytonick system.
I am pasting here the text from your message and then I will tell you what are the unknown letters.

Εὖ δοῦλε ἀγαθὲ καὶ πιστέ

There is Ypsilon with psili perispomeni. First word second letter.
On the second word Ypsilon perispomeni third letter.
On the third word Alpha psili and epsilon varia. First and last letters.
On the forth word Yota varia last letter.
On the fifth word there isn't anything.

Nikos

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 at 22:31, Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:
I have a short piece of Greek text here. I'm using ESpeak in the latest
alpha of NVDA. There are some of the letters in this that are given
Unicode values, not whatever they are, as a named letter. I'll put the
text below.

Εὖ δοῦλε ἀγαθὲ καὶ πιστέ

Use left and right arrow, and you can see what I am speaking of.