From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: March 17, 2021 10:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Files and folders and drives; properties

You can use object navigation to move through the objects in that dialog.  As many of the items are read only and cannot get normal keyboard focus, you can't tab or arrow to them.

Press NVDA+numpad 4 (laptop: NVDA+shift+left arrow) to move to the previous object.

Press NVDA+numpad 6 (laptop: NVDA+shift+right arrow) to move to the next object.

Or the Basic Training for NVDA module from: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

(The user guide has the basic keystrokes, the training material goes through it in more detail, with step-by-step activities).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 2:53 PM Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

Hi List,

I am using current nvda and win 20h2.

Often, I want to know the properties of  Files and folders and drives;

I select the item I want and press  alt+enter.

How do I move through the material displayed on the properties page.

Currently I have to hear it all read.

There is a faster way?

Line by line?

Cheers,