Re: Question about strictly using NVDA core functionality on nonpersonal computers

Gene

If an add-on is on the official NVDA add-ons page, it has been vetted and is safe. If you are concerned about other add-ons from a security or stability standpoint, that's a different question.

From: Louise Pfau
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 1:20 PM
To: NVDA Group
Subject: [nvda] Question about strictly using NVDA core functionality on nonpersonal computers

Hi. If I use NVDA on computers that aren’t mine, I only use it with core functionality. I’m hesitant to use add-ons when it’s not my property, particularly when I don’t use a portable copy. I do have several add-ons installed on my personal computer though. Do people think it’s wise to avoid using add-ons in such a case?

Thanks,

Louise