From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 1:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA indentation reporting, can it ignore blank lines?

I am also interested in this, because I've been finding this behavior
annoying lately.

I don't have time to work on it right now either, but I would imagine you
probably need to monkeypatch something in speech/__init__.py. It needs to
keep track of the previous non-zero indentation, and for each indentation
that matches it, but was separated from it by a zero indentation, suppress
indentation announcement and beeps. Possibly something in
getIndentationSpeech(), although hopefully not in getTextInfoSpeech().

Luke