Re: virtual desktops in windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

It works for me. I do hear desktop 2, desktop 3, etc. Did you try scanning your system for errors etc? Look in this groups archives for more information.

On 24 Mar 2021, at 4:42, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Windows 10 fully updated as of March 23, 2021
NVDA 2020.4
I use the same move commands as you. but since the
windows update I don't hear anything.
It will announce whatever app has the focus.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Luke Davis" <luke@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] virtual desktops in windows 10

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

NVDA no longer announces which virtual desktop I am in nor announces them as I move through them.

1. Which version of NVDA?
2. How are you switching desktops?
3. What version of Windows?

In 20H2, latest NVDA alpha, it's announcing fine with control+windows+right/left.

Well, fineish. I would prefer it to announce the desktop prior to the running app, but the point is that it does announce.

Luke