Re: Information that's essential when asking about suspected NVDA issues . . .

Gene

Are you just letting the whole statement read? I don't know about Windows 10. If I just let everything read, after the version information is spoken, a copyright notice is spoken. It begins by saying something about Windows 7 Home is protected by, etc.

From: hurrikennyandopo ...
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 3:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Information that's essential when asking about suspected NVDA issues . . .

Hi

When you type in winver into the search box then a result comes up for it it will read it out.

To get to the info because you can not get to it with arrow keys. on my desk top use the nvda key +7 on the numeric keypad to put it into screen review. Use the number 7 on the numeric keypad to go up a line and 9 to go down a line.

Once you are on the very top line go to the very first letter on the first line the number one on the numeric keypad will do this. You can then use the nvda key + f9 key to start a mark then use 9 on the numeric keypad to read the lines down the page to you got it all then the number 3 on the numeric keypad move that to the last of the information you want to copy then use the nvda key + f10 key twice to copy the info then paste it into a email.

The sections in the user manual is 5.5 for reviewing text and the one below it says the modes.

Gene nz

On 26/03/2021 8:38 am, Louise Pfau wrote:

Hi. I opened Winver through the search box, and there doesn’t seem to be a version type such as “Home” or “Pro”. Is it possible I’m looking in the wrong place in the dialog? The only information I found was “Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867)”. I know it’s windows 10, but it just says “Microsoft Windows”. I use a combination of NVDA with the virtual review add-on and the JAWS “Virtualize current window” command, so it’s easier to copy information like that from dialogs.

Louise