Re: Accessible Alternatives to Microsoft Office

Hettie <woehler.hettie@...>

I tried SoftMaker FreeOffice but don't like it. How do I uninstall the program?

The normal way to uninstall programs from the settings menu doesn't work. I enter on the option to uninstall the program and then Windows starts to install it again. Even Google couldn't come with a workable solution.

Hettie

On 3/25/2021 3:34 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Lanie,

          Here's the link to the main page (which includes a download button) for SoftMaker FreeOffice.  I am fairly certain that I discussed installing it either on the Chat Subgroup or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group.  What's truly perversely funny is that everything in the setup is accessible except the screen where you choose menu versus ribbon driven interface.  And the interface is switchable in the programs themselves, but if you initially go with ribbon that makes even the switching a nightmare.  But it's easy enough to work through that screen once you know what it looks like just by tabbing a couple of times then hitting enter.  If you need me to look this up, please send me a private message.

      ~ Anton Chekhov