Re: problems with a punctuation mark

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 12:05 PM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
′′book′′
-
Giles,

         After what's been mentioned in the two parallel topics about this, I would recommend you construct your regular expression using copy and paste.  Then, after having copied an actual example in, change the word that is between the quotation characters to:  (.*)
By doing this you are insured that whatever characters they are using are what are going in to your regex, and the bit of the regex I've given above captures the actual word that's between the two.   Presuming you still want those read as quote, the replacement string:
quote \1 quote
will get that result.

I am presuming you have a default dictionary that's not nearly as whacky as mine has become as a direct result of testing all of these sorts of things and failing to consistently clean up afterward.

      ~ Anton Chekhov