Re: Accessible Alternatives to Microsoft Office

Rui Fontes

No way to choose that in the installer...

It only appears on the first run of one of the programs...

Rui Fontes

Às 03:11 de 26/03/2021, Brian Vogel escreveu:

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 10:32 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Using screen revision, OCR and some luck...
-
Hence the reason I emphasize that every effort should be made to choose the menu driven interface in the installer.

I need to see if the beta of 2021 I have will still install and see if there have been improvements in the installer and in the ribbon interface in this product.

But I cannot replicate any of the issues with any of the dialog boxes in the 2018 version of SoftMaker Free Office.  Since these are not really "a part of" any individual program, but are calls to Windows system functions, passing them the parameters like name of the program you want on the Save dialog, they should be the same pretty much across the board, even if other aspects of a given program were to be 100% inaccessible.

For those interested in how the various sorts of dialog boxes work, see:

Dialog Boxes Overview - WPF .NET Framework | Microsoft Docs

      ~ Anton Chekhov