Re: Strange issue with NVDA 2016.3 and Hims BrailleSense Plus

P. Otter

hi, i know that problem, there is an error in a .dll file.

there is a new one, i don't know why they don't implement it in the new version of nvda.

i can if you want post the correct .dll file.

you can find the .dll in the folder /nvda/brailledisplay drivers/hims

there you find a .dll called HanSoneConnect.dll

but this one is wrong, it connects the display not correct.

you have to overwrite it with the new one and all your problems are gone.

i hear if you want it.

cheers

paul otter

Op 9-9-2016 om 11:15 schreef Mallard:

Hello all,

A friend reports installing a Hims BrailleSense Plus with NVDA 2016.3 on Windows 10 (latest update), and experiencing the following issues:

1. NVDA doesn't retain the braille display selection, and the device must be selected every time he connects it, or restarts NVDA;

2. The braille display command keys and cursor routings don't respond, although they did as soon as the device was installed.

Both the laptop and NVDA have been rebooted a few times to check whether they would return to work correctly, but no success.

I know the braille display is a BrailleSense Plus with qwerty, and that braille settings are on "Braille display follows focus".

I hope someone has some advice, because the guy is a teacher, and badly needs his device to work properly at scholl, as well as at home.

Ciao,
Ollie

.