From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 09 September 2016 10:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot Read Table Cells in a particular website using Chrome

Someone suggested turning on notification of tables.  I assume the person was referring to the setting in document presentation.  I'm saying that, as far as I know, that setting has nothing to do with how tables are read when you are in a table.  all commands should work no matter how that setting Is set.  My understanding  and experience is that that setting controls whether tables are announced when you enter them but it has nothing to do with how tables are read.  That's how other settings work.  I have heading announcements off but I can move to all headings using the movement commands for this purpose.  as far as I know, all such commands only control whether NVDA announces structures and have no effect on whether you can work with them.

Your problemn is probably one more lack of accessibility in Chrome.  Chrome has come a long way but it is still not fully accessible and after all these years, there really is no excuse.

Sent: Friday, September 09, 2016 3:33 AM

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that. Jean, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. I know when I get to a table because NVDA tells me, it just will not move around the cells using the appropriate keystrokes.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Sep 2016, at 14:57, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Doesn't that just tell you when you are entering a layout table and not have anything to do with reading them?

Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:54 AM

This depends on how the browser renders the table content. In this
case, Firefox is doing a better job at it than Chrome. What you can
try is to go into Browse Mode settings dialog and check 'Include
layout tables' option and see what happens.

On 9/8/16, Kerry Fielding <littlemisslovely1973@...> wrote:
> Hi guys.  I have an interesting problem.  I use a website to keep track of
> my ebay items and my suppliers' prices.  They are adjusted according to
> whether they decrease, increase or indeed go out of stock.  The information
> on this page is tabular in nature and NVDA just won't read it.  If I use
> the
> arrow keys on their own the info is read, but if I try and use the cell
> reading commands, I just hear "Edge Of Table".  I have tried this site with
> other browsers such as Firefox and that seems to work ok, I have also tried
> other websites with chrome such as eBay also and the tabular information is
> read out there
>

> Your thoughts?
>

> Kerry

No virus found in this message.