Re: NVDA announcing dot every time it encounters a period punctuation

Gene

I have no idea if this will help. To make a change such as you are describing in settings takes a number of steps in a specific dialog and it seems unlikely that you did this. But check the following:
Open the NVDA menu with NVDA key n.
Down arrow to preferences and press enter.
up arrow to punctuation/symbol pronunciation and press enter.
Shift tab once.
Type a period.
Then tab once.
Down and up arrow once to make sure the first item is selected. it is for speaking a period at the end of a sentence.
Tab around to see what the level is. It should be all. If it isn't, set it to all in the combo box.
Tab to add and press the space bar.
Tab back to the list.
Down arrow a lot of times until you get to dot. You will hear a semicolon spoken but disregard that. You are listening for dot as you down arrow. it may be something like 16 times.
Once there, tab to the level combo box.
The default is most. If it isn't set to most, set it in the combo box
Tab to add and press the space bar. Tab to ok and press the space bar to close the dialog and save the settings.

If the levels are already set as I described, let us know.