Re: Accessible Alternatives to Microsoft Office

Luke Davis

Also, Null-Soft's installer doesn't work well for accessibility, if you're installing in a non-administrative account, and using password entry to authorize it through the UAC.
So if their using that installer, you may not be seeing everything for a number of reasons.

Luke

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, Gene wrote:

Not having used the program, it sounds as though the installer doesn't show the information to a screen-reader. I've seen installers not show information such as potentially unwanted programs and the method to indicate you don't want them when installing free software. What I'm saying is that you can't assume information is all displayed if most or almost all is by an installer. Usually it all is or that which is needed is but you can't assume.