Re: How to get NVDA speak a word

I am presuming you've already restarted NVDA and your computer.  If not, try that.

If you have, then take a look at your NVDA dictionaries and, possibly, your synth.  I have no issue with the word, "dot," being read when I've got it in a sentence.  I'm using NVDA 2020.4, OneCore David.  I've got nothing, in any dictionary, that matches on the three characters of the word "dot" in any way, shape, or form.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon