Re: NVDA closes after disconnecting from bluetooth

Quentin Christensen

Sorry for the delay replying.

If you haven't already got another solution, there is an add-on which might help called "BluetoothAudio".  It basically stops your bluetooth headphones / speakers from going into standby mode: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html

As noted on the page, that can reduce battery life of your bluetooth audio device - but it might also make using them a smoother experience as well.

Quentin.

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 11:28 PM Jimmy Vonderlinden via groups.io <jimmyv1130=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
 I'm using NVDA 2020.4 and I use bluetooth speakers for my computer that turn off after no activity for a while. When I turn the speaker back on and it reconnects, NVDA  is closed and I need do the control alt n shortcut
Has anyone experienced this and if so, any workarounds?
Thanks
If it helps, I use a JBL charge 3 . It's a great speaker by the way
Have a great day guys

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager