Re: How to get NVDA speak a word

Jackie

So, Nevzat, let me get this straight. If you go into Notepad & type
the word "dot", are you saying NVDA won't read it?

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 08:24 PM, Nevzat Adil wrote:

Would uninstalling and installing NVDA help?
-
It couldn't hurt, but you may want to consider, if you can do it, creating a
portable copy of NVDA from another machine and seeing, if you run that,
whether the issue goes away.

If memory serves, when you uninstall NVDA, your various user settings and
the like are not removed, and if the issue lies there, an
uninstall/reinstall may do nothing.  But if you have a portable copy created
from another machine, it can help in diagnosing.

I really can't figure out why the word "dot" would not be said barring
something being rigged to make that happen.

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless
you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon