Re: How to get NVDA speak a word

I am talking about the word dot.

First, are you talking about the actual word dot,,, or are you talking about

a period?

From: Nevzat Adil
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2021 6:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to get NVDA speak a word

Brian, I have done both of those.
My OS is Windows 10 and I use the latest edition of NVDA.
Where do I go to configure NVDA to speak the word 'dot'?

I am presuming you've already restarted NVDA and your computer. If not,
try
that.

If you have, then take a look at your NVDA dictionaries and, possibly,
your
synth. I have no issue with the word, "dot," being read when I've got it

in
a sentence. I'm using NVDA 2020.4, OneCore David. I've got nothing, in
any
dictionary, that matches on the three characters of the word "dot" in any
way, shape, or form.

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win
unless
you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified