Re: How to get NVDA speak a word

Brian, I do not know how to go to the .dic files in order to send them
to you, but on your suggestion I fixed it myself by going to
punctuation/symbol Pronunciation and voila got fixed.
Thank you so much and to all who chipped in to help.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 11:02 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:

Gene, reading your message my synthesizer read the extra letter 't' but
not the word 'dot'.
-
I'd missed this earlier, but this pretty much conclusively confirms that
somehow, somewhere, the word 'dot' is being substituted with nothing (that
is, the replacement is blank) somewhere in your dictionary, and ahead of the
rule that replaces dot with dott.

You need to examine your dictionary or dictionaries very carefully.  If you
care to e-mail me a copy of the .DIC files that NVDA is using on the system
not saying the word dot, I will gladly take a look at them.

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless
you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon

--
Nevzat Adil
Library of Congress Certified