Re: problems with a punctuation mark

Sarah k Alawami

It was actually easy for me to figure out. In 1994 when I was about 12 years of age I would play around with the shift numbers and memorise what the bang and at was in braille as well as i would emboss them. So for me bang means exclaim, and you would say "bang!" to mean it. Like "bang! Bang!" he's dead."

Hope that somewhat helps

On 30 Mar 2021, at 11:50, Louise Pfau wrote:

Using "bang" for the exclamation mark doesn't make sense for North American users either, since it's not called that in North America. Both "Espeak NG" and "Windows OneCore" call it "Bang", and I couldn't figure out what was meant.

Louise