Re: Word problem

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

I'm using E-Speak. Log will be coming to you privately soon.

On 3/30/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Bob,

Could you please send us a debug log? I just tried and can't reproduce
here with a quick test using OneCore at least. Which synthesizer are you
using?

Also, as a workaround and possibly better solution anyway, if you use SHIFT
to pause speech rather than control, you can press SHIFT again to keep
reading where it left off.

The other thing I thought was because NVDA grabs blocks of text (eg
sentences) if you have a particularly long sentence stretching over a page,
could it be that it is at the start of that block and it's just that it's
long that you noticed it?

Quentin.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 2:20 PM Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I'm running Word 2016 and NVDA 2020.4, though this happened with
2020.3 as well. I'm having a weird issue with Word that I was just
able to test thoroughly. When reading a relatively short document,
this isn't an issue, but the longer the document is the bigger of an
issue it becomes. I start NVDA reading the document, and it reads
normally. If I use the control key to stop NVDA before it announces a
new page, I am where I expect to be in the document. However, if NVDA
has announced a page change before I stop reading and then I use
control to stop, I am back where I last stopped instead of where I
stopped reading.
Bob

--
Quentin Christensen