toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
So far, it hasn’t crashed with or without add-ons. When it does, I’ll try to capture it.
All the best
To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: 01 April 2021 11:42
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook Microsoft 365 Quitting and then Restarting Spontaneously with Some Messages
Did you try without add-ons and did that make a difference?
Could you get me a copy of your NVDA log to have a look at please, ideally at debug level?
Please send it attached to an email to info@.... Include a description of what you have done and what isn't working as it should (so I know what it's about in case I don't get to investigate today).
First of all, your NVDA key is either INSERT or CAPS LOCK, depending on how you have NVDA setup. So, to set your log level:
1) Press NVDA+control+g to open the general settings
2) Press TAB until the focus is on 'Log level'
3) Press DOWN ARROW to get to 'Debug'
4) Press ENTER to close settings
5) Press NVDA+control+c to save settings.
To restart NVDA with add-ons disabled:
1) Press NVDA+Q
2) Down arrow to 'Restart with add-ons disabled'
3) Press ENTER
Next, recreate the issue - do whatever causes problems.
To get NVDA's log after that, there are several ways:
If NVDA is still running and usable:
1) Press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer
2) Press CONTROL+A to select all.
3) Press CONTROL+C to copy.
4) Open your email and start a message to info@..., type a little about what you have done and what has happened in the body of the message, then leave a space and:
5) Press CONTROL+V to paste the copied log.
Instead of using the log viewer, or if NVDA has stopped and you needed to restart it or the computer:
1) Press WINDOWS+R to open Windows' Run dialog
2) Type %temp% and press ENTER (that's the percent sign, the letter t e m p and another percent sign). Windows Explorer should open to the temporary folder.
3) Press TAB to move to the file list
4) Press N and move down to find up to three files: nvda.log (the log file for the current or most recent NVDA session), nvda-old.log (the log from the previous session) and nvda-crash.dmp (a crash dump with more information created if NVDA itself crashes).
5) Depending on what email program you use, the steps will be different, but attach as many of those three files to an email to info@... as will be useful, and again in the body of the message describe a bit about what has happened.
On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 6:55 PM Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:
Yes, I can reproduce this, but it is very random.
When it happens for me, NVDA is silent when I open a message, and then I hear Outlook reopen.
No crashes that I can detect, occur in JAWS or Narrator.
What I haven’t tried yet, is to disable the Outlook Extended add-on which could, of course, be another cause.
That’s my next trick when it starts crashing again.
All the best
All the best
When opening some lengthy messages with lots of links using most recent NVDA, , Outlook will just quit and then restart itself, this never happens with Windows 10 Mail, so just wondering if anyone has experienced this phenomenon?
Training and Support Manager