Re: Pausing nvda...

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 10:53 AM, brice Mijares wrote:
I would hit insert S. there are  3 choices ,off, speach mode off, speach mode beeps,  and speach mode talk.
-
And, if you're someone like me, who has never found the "Beep Speech" mode to be of any use, you can install the add-on:

NoBeepsSpeechMode

which removes that option and causes NVDA+S to toggle strictly between speech on and speech off.

There is also the option of using NVDA Sleep Mode, the toggle for which is NVDA+Shift+S (desktop keyboard layout) or Z (laptop).  But once you do this NVDA is off, completely off, without being shut down.  You must toggle again to bring it back.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon