Re: Pausing nvda...

Luke Davis

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021, Brian Vogel wrote:

Is there another command that allows for NVDA output to be suspended, entirely, while not requiring that one exit it?  I could have sworn there was, but perhaps not.
Another? As in: other than speech mode off, which does exactly that?

Or, do you mean a command that will do what speech mode off does, but also globally disable keyboard intercept as sleep mode does for an application? If you want that, I don't know of anything, but then I can't imagine why having that would be easier than unloading NVDA.

Setting your speech synth to "No speech" will do something similar to speech mode off, and I suppose you can do that with a profile, which you can't do with sleep mode.

Luke