From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: April 5, 2021 6:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Pausing nvda...

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021, Brian Vogel wrote:

Is there another command that allows for NVDA output to be suspended,
entirely, while not requiring that one exit it?  I could have sworn there
was, but perhaps not.

Another? As in: other than speech mode off, which does exactly that?

Or, do you mean a command that will do what speech mode off does, but also
globally disable keyboard intercept as sleep mode does for an application?
If you want that, I don't know of anything, but then I can't imagine why
having that would be easier than unloading NVDA.

Setting your speech synth to "No speech" will do something similar to speech
mode off, and I suppose you can do that with a profile, which you can't do
with sleep mode.

Luke