Re: Temporarily disabling AVG protection Correction

Kevin Cussick

Hi, it does this is what I used to do when I had to disable for a while.

On 09/09/2016 01:33, Gene wrote:
I suspect that using the Systray add on would allow right clicking in
that dialog. despite the insistence of purists, the system tray, when
accessed directly doesn't work as well as when using the add on and I
consider the add on to be a superior method of access. I have seen one
or two other applications that don't work properly when working with the
system tray directly.

*From:* Chris Mullins <mailto:cjmullins29@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Thursday, September 08, 2016 6:47 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Temporarily disabling AVG protection Correction

Hi Gene

Yes it’s the right click, left click does nothing and left double click
invokes the same gui as using the desktop shortcut, where the temporary
disablement feature is a bit more difficult to find. I cannot get the
AVG icon to respond to the applications key either, which would remove
the need for mouse access . Most other icons in the Overflow
Notifications Toolbar will respond to the Applications key which behaves
like a right mouse click but unfortunately AVG does not. I suspect the
in-built event handlers do not cater for keyboard input.

Cheers

Chris