Re: Navigating dates in the Windows 10 calendar using NVDA 2020.4 and the Windows 10 app essentials 21.03 add-on

Hi,

I see. Can you try the following:

1. While focused on Calendar app, restart NVDA with debug logging enabled (NVDA+Q, then select “restart with debug logging”).
  2. Use Calendar app to move between dates and weeks.
  3. Press NVDA+F1 to open log viewer.
  4. Copy everything in the log viewer and paste it as a private email to me. I will do my best to analyze and report back to the list on what might be happening.

Note that if there is indeed an error with Windows 10 App Essentials, I may need to investigate a possible solution for June release (April 2021 release was just finalized).

Also, just for reference, can you try with Narrator and see if that makes a difference?

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 11:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Navigating dates in the Windows 10 calendar using NVDA 2020.4 and the Windows 10 app essentials 21.03 add-on

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 7:19 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

Can you retry after restarting NVDA while focused on Calendar app? NVDA does announce dates as I move between weeks (up or down arrow in month view).

--

I tried that, and NVDA announced dates occasionally as I moved between weeks in month view, since I kept the default.  The rest of the time, there’s no spoken feedback.

Thanks,

Louise

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.