Re: edit user guide

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 07:07 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
Worse, as I understand it, sometimes Jaws, et al have created their own versions of Windows shortcut commands, which just muddies the waters.
-
Even though this is not a JAWS group, I'm giving myself a personal dispensation to say this:  The "virtual ribbon" is the worst possible crutch ever foist upon those who are screen reader users.

You need to know how to use the ecosystem as it exists, period, end of sentence.  And when the UI changes, you change.  The fact that we have people whining about the ribbon interface in 2021 makes me want to scream.  It's here to stay, it's just a menu with a slightly different access method, and you (the generic you) had darned well ought to know how to use it without any need for something to make it behave differently than it already does, because it's 100% accessible.

I also hate when people remap Windows keyboard shortcuts except in the rarest of circumstances.  I have seen far too many who've done this forget that they have done this, and what they've done it for, placed in front of a stock Windows system with their screen reader of choice and be unable to do lots of basic things because they have no idea of the native keyboard shortcuts.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon