From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 7:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] edit user guide

I haven't looked at screen-reader user guides for a long time. My
recollection is that in the past, they described Windows enough to allow
someone to use it in basic ways such as describing how to work with files
and folders. This was a long time ago when Windows 95 and 98 were being
used and most blind people hadn't used Windows. That's how I learned enough
about Windows to use it and to start adding to my knowledge in different
ways.

You can discuss or debate whether it would be better to have a section in
the guide before the guide starts about learning something about Windows or
whether such a section should be its own separate document, but it might be
a good idea to have something.