Re: [Solved] Activating the Mouse with NVDA

Gene

Also, if people mail off group, they have no idea how many other people responded or what they say. I am less likely to mail off group because I don't want to go through the trouble of just duplicating what five other people may have told you.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 1:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Activating the Mouse with NVDA

I'm not going to email off group because the whole purpose of these groups is information sharing. If you are in a rush, then temporarily change your subscription to single messages then back again to digest after "the immediate need for promptness" is done:

To receive each group message individually: nvda+single@nvda.groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digests: nvda+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages: nvda+summary@nvda.groups.io
-
It is impossible to answer whether NVDA Mouse Emulation will or will not work. It must be tried. And the commands for working with the mouse, like so many others, are available in the NVDA Commands Quick Reference that you, or any other user, can pull up any time NVDA is running with NVDA+N,H,Q. The section entitled,

Navigating with the Mouse

, contains the table of all mouse emulation commands.

I still maintain that it is a much surer bet to use the actual mouse, prepared to prevent pointer movement, with its real left and right click buttons, after having issued the command to Move mouse to current navigator object to gain "mouse focus" on it. Message https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/82242 discusses what a "prepared mouse" (or mouse pad) actually is.

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon