Re: [Solved] Activating the Mouse with NVDA

Quentin Christensen

Hi David,

The numpad divide key is the / on the number pad specifically, and the numpad multiply is the * which is next to it.  Having a number pad (a block of keys with numbers, and symbols setup very similar to a conventional desktop calculator) is usual on desktop keyboards.  With laptop keyboards some do have a number pad (especially those with larger screens) and some don't, which is why NVDA has a desktop keyboard layout and a laptop keyboard layout listed for some commands (some are the same for both).  In the case of the mouse keys, there is a different set for desktop layout and laptop layout: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#NavigatingWithTheMouse

If you are interesting in using the keyboard to move the mouse, there is also a golden cursor add-on to enhance this functionality: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/goldenCursor.en.html  Also, I would say for the majority of tasks, there should ideally be a better keyboard way of accomplishing it than manipulating the mouse like this - although of course knowing these commands is definitely useful at times as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 7:47 AM David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...> wrote:
Hello NVDA,

I did consult the NVDA quick reference guide and wonder what is meant by
commands numpad-divide or numpad-multiply?

If that means the minus or dash key, or the forward slash key, it
would have been better to use those descriptives since most keyboards
do not come with mathematical keys according to what I have read.

Off record, I did receive one response to my query but it was
unrelated to the topic.
I will check the message summary at the website, and await arrival of
my NVDA summary that arrives in about 14 hours time.

I am sorry to have caused consternation.

--
David C. Russell, Author
david.sonofhashem@...

--